Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

I'm in a mood...

I have been in this mood lately...I want to say that it is an artistic mood, but I am not artistic in most ways. I do write, and I love to do that, but at what point is it called art? I know that I consider literature art, but is it only the good books that I find artistic? Haven't thought about that much.

I like to write short stories. It is quite fun making up a mini world of your own. Right now I am working on one large story and failing at finishing all of my little ones. I think I am going to start putting them up on one of my other blogs more often so that way I feel like they have to get done.

My short stories come from my dreams. When I was little, my mom would always pray that we would have a peaceful sleep with no dreams. One night it was my turn to pray and I prayed that I would a peaceful night with nice dreams. My mom about flipped on that one. I had to explain to her that I really liked my dreams. That they were like stories or movies that I got to watch every night. I was glad that she understood because that ended up being our new prayer every night. Sure, I will occasionally have a bad dream, but if I wake up and there was not a happy ending, I will go back to sleep if I don't have to be at work or school.

I thought it was funny when Stephanie Meyer said that the Twilight series was derived from one of her dreams. I thought it was ridiculous that she dreamt about a sparkly vampire falling in love with a human and that she then decided to make a book out of that! But then I realized that that was, in fact, brilliant! I dream in stories anyway, why not write them down. Who knows....maybe one of them will turn into a mega hit like Twilight...although, I just write for pure fun :)

I am about to go add a bit to my Julianna Hope story. Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment